- Membership Level
- Diamond Elite
- Company Headquarters
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
Bristol-Myers Squibb is committed to discovering, developing and delivering innovative medicines for the treatment of cancer. Our pipeline in oncology is robust, with several experimental anticancer compounds in development. It is also diverse, reflecting a range of modalities and research programs. One such area is immuno-oncology. Immuno-oncology represents an innovative approach to cancer research that seeks to harness the body’s own immune system to fight tumor cells. We are at the forefront of this science with several compounds in development that are being investigated for use in a variety of cancers, as well as an approved immuno-oncology medicine that continues to be studied for new uses. The more precise targeting of patients for selected therapies is another important area of focus in oncology. Clinical biomarkers and pharmacogenomic studies are increasingly used to identify groups and sub-groups of patients most likely to benefit from an investigational agent in order to maximize its potential benefits. Cancer represents a multitude of diseases. We concentrate our efforts on cancer types where the unmet medical needs, as measured by gaps in current therapies and the magnitude of the burden on public health, are especially high. These include lung cancer, prostate cancer, melanoma, gastrointestinal cancer and hematologic cancers. Cancer is also a leading cause of death worldwide, and a disease we view with a global perspective. Our program in gastric and esophageal cancers, for example, responds to needs in the Asia Pacific region where the prevalence of these conditions is higher. Great advances have been made in the prevention, early detection and treatment of many forms of cancer. Great challenges and unmet needs remain. Bristol-Myers Squibb has been on the leading edge of cancer treatment since the 1970s and continues to be committed to developing new and improved treatment options that give patients hope.
Bristol Myers Squibb committed $300 million over the next 5 years to accelerate and expand our effort to address health equity and diversity and inclusion. The highlights of today’s announcement:
- Clinical trial diversity: Increase new clinical trials in areas with highly diverse populations and train racially and ethnically diverse new investigators through a clinical trial infrastructure and workforce development program.
- Health disparities: Address health equity and improve health outcomes for under-served populations.
- Workforce representation: Achieve gender parity at the executive level globally by 2022; Double executive representation of Black/African-American employees in the U.S. by 2022; Double executive representation of Hispanic/Latino employees in the U.S. by 2022.
- Supplier diversity: Increase our spend with diverse suppliers and create innovative programs and partnerships to create jobs and generate positive economic impact in diverse communities.
- Employee giving: Provide 2-to-1 match for U.S. employee donations to organizations that fight disparities and discrimination.
Patient Assistance Programs
Bristol-Myers Squibb is committed to helping patients gain access to their prescribed BMS medications. That’s why we offer the BMS Access Support program, which provides resources to help patients understand their insurance coverage and find information on sources of financial support, including co-pay assistance for eligible commercially-insured patients.Learn More Here
To speak with a Medical Information Professional about one of our products, please contact us at:
- Phone: 1-800-321-1335
- Email: [email protected]
To report an Adverse Event or Product Quality Complaint, please contact us at:
- AE/PQC: 1-800-721-5072
- AE/PQC Email: [email protected]
If you are a health care professional licensed in the United States and would like to access additional professional resources, click here.