Terms and Conditions
By using the Florida Society of Clinical Oncology (“FLASCO”) online Forum/Discussion Board Service (the “Service”), you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions of use. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions, do not use the Service.
The Service, including the colleagues you consult through the Service, provides a medium to exchange information to assist you in providing medical advice. The Service makes no representation, warranty, or guaranty whatsoever as to any information that may be exchanged through the Service. It is your sole responsibility to provide medical services to and to decide on proper medical advice, diagnosis, and treatment for your patients. Neither FLASCO nor the Service provides medical advice or services.
FLASCO does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that you may obtain through the Service, and disclaims any representation, warranty, or guaranty as to the same. Reliance on any information provided through the Service is solely at your own risk.
By using the Service, you agree:
- that FLASCO and the colleagues you consult through the Service shall not be liable to you or your institution for any liability, loss, or damage whatsoever that may arise from your use of the Service or the information exchanged therein;
- subject to limitations imposed under applicable state or federal laws, to hold harmless each of FLASCO, the colleagues you consult through the Service, and that colleague’s institution in connection with any legal action that may arise, directly or indirectly, from your use of the Service; and
- not to use any information or permit use of any information obtained through your use of the Service in connection with any legal action against the colleagues who may provide information or that colleague’s institution.
In using the www.flasco.org, you agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit content that:
- is inaccurate, harmful, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, racist, violent, offensive, or harassing; causes duress, distress, or discomfort to another; or is otherwise objectionable to FLASCO or other users of the www.flasco.org;
- includes unauthorized disclosure of the personal information of third parties;
- violates or infringes anyone’s intellectual property rights;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- is a form of advertising;
- constitutes electioneering, such as exhortations to vote for or against any candidate for public office; or is injurious to the interests of FLASCO or other users of the www.flasco.org.
Information posted on the www.flasco.org is not confidential. Posting identifiable patient information may not comply with HIPAA or other federal and state privacy laws.
Users of the www.flasco.org are solely responsible for the content they post. Users agree to indemnify and hold harmless FLASCO and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners, and employees for all claims, costs, and disputes arising out of the content posted.
Prohibition on Restraint of Trade
Users of the www.flasco.org must abide by state and federal anti-trust laws. Use of the www.flasco.org in any manner to limit competition or restrain trade is not permitted. Users should give careful consideration to compliance with anti-trust laws when considering posting information about the prices of products and services, or other products and services in the health care sector.
FLASCO reserves the right to edit or remove any content from the www.flasco.org at any time, at its sole discretion. All terms and conditions for use ofwww.flasco.org are subject to change.